Carb and timing tutorial. Verified

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
Disclaimer

iBoats has no control over external links contained in stickies and to be aware that links are fluid and may or may not work.

I just downloaded a video to you tube titled carb and timing tutorial showing how to synchronize timing and carbs. I'll be damned if I can access it myself but perhaps you fellows can.

Last edited by a moderator:

fisheymikey

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Carb and timing tutorial.

I just downloaded a video to you tube showing how to synchronize timing and carbs. I'll be damned if I can access it myself but perhaps you fellows can.

HTTP//:youtu.be/DoR64jP518 titled carb and timing tutorial

google search and write:

carb and timing tutorial it pops right up!!!!

mike

thomasando

Cadet

Got your link address wrong Frank.

You need a 't' before the D (after the youtu.be/), and the 1 at the end should be a lower case L.

Copy and paste is your friend for this stuff.

It should be: http://youtu.be/tDoR64jP5l8

mitchbuck

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks Frank! Very Helpful! If you could make a video for the impeller change that would be much appreciated!

kiker14

Cadet

Hi all, I made a video to add some detail to timing on a force 120 from 1992 (although the process is the same for dynamically setting the timing advance on many motors). I need to do some light editing (kept calling the starter the throttle, etc.) but none the less it shows clearly how to ground your spark plug wires and how to jump the safety switch. When I was researching how to do this, that specific info was sort of hard to find, and being new to boat motors I didn't want to screw anything up.

How to set timing on outboard motor - YouTube

Hopefully this is a good supplement to franks video!

minimans

Cadet

Great videos thanks for posting them. I have a follow up question though, when setting the throttle link initially at what position should the eccentric on the carb link be? fully out or in? I'm not really sure of the purpose of this eccentric is either!!.....Thanks..Paul
I'm a dummy just watched it again and figured it out!! sorry.................

tigger19

Cadet

what kind of timing light do u us as well. a normall automotive light or a special timing light

So how do we adjust the timing if we don’t have a distributor engine? Mine is a 1986 Force 125hp I should be at top dead center but seeing as I don’t have the distributor and belt I’m not sure how to make sure my timing is correct.

Attachments

• photo333416.jpg
    photo333416.jpg
    405.2 KB · Views: 18

jbcurt00

Staff member
So how do we adjust the timing if we don’t have a distributor engine? Mine is a 1986 Force 125hp I should be at top dead center but seeing as I don’t have the distributor and belt I’m not sure how to make sure my timing is correct.

You start a topic about YOUR motor rather then hijack a stickie

Status
Not open for further replies.