chrysler 45 hp wiring problems.

wally1969

Recruit
Hi, I have been given an old outboard that obviously needs wiring up to my boat. There is a connector block on the side of the engine with only 4 wires attached to it.

yellow/black which seems to run through a switch ( starter inhibitor ?? ) to the starter solenoid.

2 black wires which I think are for the magneto

And a red wire which I assume to be the feed out of the engine to the ignition switch that I don't have.

The ignition shall be wired up through switches. ie. power on switch and starter button. Could someone give me a step by step idiots guide to wiring this up. Any help would be much appreciated.

wickware

Lieutenant
Re: chrysler 45 hp wiring problems.

I hope this will help. The Pic on the motor is on my 1970, 35 HP Chrysler. My info is 35 ? 55 HP of the same series are the same except for HP components Piston/Bore/Etc).

?Frank?, I need a pic of the other Series? As I remember it had to do something with the Leg?s design. It?s in my old notes from you but do you have a pic (vs me digging through notes?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Lights Added On Right 3 In. Higher (2).jpg
    Lights Added On Right 3 In. Higher (2).jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 1970, 35 -55 HP Chrysler.JPG
    1970, 35 -55 HP Chrysler.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 0
  • CHRY35_50_80_84[1].jpg
    CHRY35_50_80_84[1].jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 0

wally1969

Recruit
Re: chrysler 45 hp wiring problems.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I think I have worked it out, just have to test it. Still good to have the pics and any extra info. though.As I say I am new to these engines so need all the help I can get at the moment. Hopefully I should have the boat on the water this weekend.