1973 chrysler 45 hp water pump part needed

pbiwolski

Cadet
I'm not getting great water flow and I thing its partly from a worn part. On top of the water pump housing is the white plastic part that seems to guide the water up into the tube. It fits on the tube ok, but it seems loose as it sits on the housing and I believe I'm loosing water here that should be pumped up to the motor.

Can I buy just this piece? I cannot find one anywhere I look, and I'm not interested in the whole kit I saw for 150 bucks.

Any thoughts?

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1973 chrysler 45 hp water pump part needed

It should be a firm fit in the pump housing. If it is not broken, wrap it with some electrical tape to make it fit better, or clean the housing and use some epoxy inside to secure the plastic collar..

pbiwolski

Cadet

It doesn't appear to be broken. However, there is definetly signs of wear (slighty thinned down) on the male (lower) end of the piece. Good advice, thanks. I'll try it asap.

Bow Guy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Yes, you can get that part... I just ordered one for my force 35 from Marine Engine, Iboats my also have it..

pbiwolski

Cadet

Can you point me to where you found your part individually, and knowing what it's called might help! Thanks.

Bow Guy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

marineengine.com The part is called Seal Kit. You can get there phone 800 # at there site. They are very helpful they will need year make & model # of motor. The part was $18.00 + shipping..

http://www.marineengine.com/

800-209-9624

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner

Post a pic of your parts,I have one that's almost new.

pbiwolski

Cadet

Thanks for the info. I tried the electrical tape fix, and it fit pretty snug. I've yet to try it out, but hope to within a few days. If I don't like what I see, I'll proceed with a pic and/or ordering the part.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner

You'll like my price a ot better.
Free you pay postage.

If you post a pic?
Put it next to a ruler so I can be sure it's the right size.

pbiwolski

Cadet

Sounds good to me, Jerry. Thanks for the offer. I intend on trying it out in the river tonight if the rain holds off. If i don't like it, I'll drop the LU and get that rascal out and take a pic!