seafoam vs. deep creep

lugnuts

Cadet
does any one know if there`s a difference between this new packaged deep creep and seafoam? i hear from some that the deep creep is only a lubricant. can i still use it to decarb my motor. i bought it thinking that`s what it was for, now i`m not so sure.

kfa4303

Banned
Re: seafoam vs. deep creep

Hi lugnuts. You can use Deep Creep. It's actually made by Seafoam. They're essentially the same thing, but the DC is already in aerosol form whereas Seafoam is usually liquid. DC is great for spraying into the carb and/or cylinders, while SF is great for adding to your fuel. Just follow the directions on the can and be ready fro LOTS of smoke.

RogersJetboat454

Commander

Yep...
One's primarily a penetrating oil, the other's for removing carbon and junk from an engine.

MSDS sheets show some of the same ingredients, but the major notable ingredient in Sea Foam that didn't make it to the Deep Creep party is Naphtha. Naphtha is most likely the ingredient in Sea Foam that does the heavy lifting.

Get your self a can of Sea Foam, and keep the Deep Creep for rusty bolts.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

The ingredients in all 3 products are virtually the same. The naphtha (broad range name of products) is different in the Deep Creep to make it VOC compliant and non corrosive, now.

So now you can buy the SF Spray (appears to be the old deep creep) ,
or the SF motor treatment, and get the old formula.

Buy the NEW formula Deep Creep spray to use as a penetrant, protectant, water displacer, and fogging agent.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner

I like Power Tune from Mercury. It's a spray. The blue stuff for the Ethanol treatment is a good bet if your outfit sets for extended periods.
Since the advent of TCW=3 I haven't had any trouble with carbon.
Don't use too much or too little oil and keep the carbs adjusted?
I used to troll a lot in the Chesapeake Bay and I was always decarbing.