Force 50 HP on Bayliner capri 1400. Help with temp alarm????

holdem69

Recruit
Have a question, on a 87 Bayliner Capri. Posted recently about getting this boat in order. rebuilt carb and ran great.
Today however When testing after running for at least 2 hours at all speeds just puttin around, WOT for a half mile at a time, then putting again for about half hour, I then ran the boat about 3/4 mile at WOT and a buzzer under the dashboard went off, (annoying buzzer) so I shut it down. I had been keeping an eyeball on the water flow and it seemed good spittin a good spray anyway.

This thing has no guages except a speedo, But I am thinking this has to be a temp sensor. Anyone with any knowledge on this please respond. As I know motors pretty well and this sure seems to be pumping water.
After pulling the cover and letting it cool down, the alarm finally went off and I started it up, (good water spary) and we went on running for another hour or so without it tripping again, however I was a little cautious and did not run WOT
perhaps half throttle at the most. Got time to go home and trailered up (no issues)

So All I can think of is either bad sensor, or a glitch. or a faulty thermostat? perhaps not allowing the right amount of water through.

My plan of action is impeller, thermostat, and possible even the temp sensor, if thats what went off in the first place.
any help would be great, as I am not positive thats what the alarm was, but what else could it possibly be.
thanks

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Re: Force 50 HP on Bayliner capri 1400. Help with temp alarm????

Profile,location? You might be close to someone who can help?
That motor,that's the only thing it could be.
No other alarms on that motor.
Follow your plan.
You know there is a lot of trash in the water,maybe you picked up something and it blocked the pickup.
Salt or fresh water?

DAN M VAGOS

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Force 50 HP on Bayliner capri 1400. Help with temp alarm????

Hi I have a 1989 bayliner capri also 15' 50hp force and I wanted to know how hot the engine was running so I put in a temp sender and guage. The sender is a 1/4" npt and screws right intp the top of the head near the thermostat just don't use any sealent because it needs to ground to the head and it was only like $20 on ebay and the guage was on ebay foe $15. I love my little capri it fits in spot bigger boats cant. dose your engine have tilt and trim? my motor dose but i have only seen one with it on line i guess it was a $$ option but i love it.. let me know if you need any more info on your boat or engine...