I'd like to start it to prove
but not have a ignition switch
where should I connect the wires of a battery to boot

thank guy

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Re: how jump starter selenoid force 125

scan0009.jpg

To just turn it over? Just supply power o the yellow/red.
But to make it fire or sprk to the cylinders you should hook up all the wires to a switch.

cuenta

Petty Officer 2nd Class

thank jerry

if I want if fire
but i not have a ignition switch
i want fire only putting jump cable from a battery
but I not sure where to put the cables
if starter motor or solenoid
and if

pnwboat

Rear Admiral

Attach the ground cable from the battery to a good ground on the engine block. Attach the positive cable to the starter solenoid. There are two large studs on the starter solenoid. One has a short cable that goes directly to the starter. The other large stud is where you want to connect the cable from the battery. There are also two small studs. One has a black wire that goes to ground. The other small stud has a yellow wire attached to it. To engage the starter, take a wire or pair of needle nose pliers and short the small stud with the yellow wire to the large stud attached to positive side of the battery. If you have a remote starter, that's even better. You'll get a small spark but that's normal if you use pliers. The easiest way to stop the motor is to simply manually engage the choke, or cover the carburetor openings with your hands. You could also engage the Kill circuit by grounding out the two white wires attached to the vertically mounted terminal block on the side of the motor.

cuenta

Petty Officer 2nd Class

thank
pnwboat

I just did that but the cable gets very hot

pnwboat

Rear Admiral

Does the starter spin the motor ? If not, then I would suspect a bad starter. You can just take the positive battery cable and momentarily touch it to the connection on the starter. You'll see a big spark, but if the starter still doesn't work like it should then it's probably bad. You can disassemble the starter and look to see if the brushes and armature are good.

cuenta

Petty Officer 2nd Class

cranks but does not start and I have not tested much for fear of burning something because the wire gets very hot
I think the neutral switch is missing
o something more that i need disconnect?

cuenta

Petty Officer 2nd Class

thank guy

I check the stator and have 0 Ω(ohmio)
no give any reading
between the cable 1 & 2 and 3 & 4

or any another method to test

thank again