70 hp force warm up fast idle

glenner

Seaman Apprentice
hey guys and gals, thanks for the help, im looking at the controls that came with this 91 70hp force...they are US MARINE....my question is there...and where ? the fast idle warm up control?
i dont see how to increase idle for warm up in neutral? nothing on the controls itself.....is there one?

pnwboat

Rear Admiral
Re: 70 hp force warm up fast idle

There are several variations on engaging the Neutral Fast Idle. The throttle handle will either pull out (towards the center of the boat) about 1/4 to 3/8 of an inch, or some have a button located at the pivot point of the handle that you have to push. Either way the handle should pop out to engage the Neutral Fast Idle. This disengages the cable that is connected to the gear case to put it into FWD, NEUT, REV. Once the throttle is in this position, you can push the throttle forward to increase the idle speed without engaging the gear case. As a safety feature, it will only allow you to increase the RPM's to about 3000 RPMs max.

glenner

Seaman Apprentice

thanks pnwboat...i am so used to controls with a separate lever for fast idle i didnt notice the button on the lever...i feel like ....well you know...these motors are new to me... i am learning every day...

pnwboat

Rear Admiral

I think we've all been there at one time or another. Fortunately there is this forum with a great bunch of people to help guide you through any problem that you might have.