Trim Force 90 HP 1994 Problem

Huason

Recruit
Hi Guys:

I have problem with my 1994 Force Trim System. The problem is the Motor Trim, have no enough power to rise the engine.
Is very hard to find new spare parts for this Trim System ( Design III Bullet Connectors as show the Diagram Parts), see the picture.
However is very easy find new spare parts for 1991 Trim System ( Design I Bayonet Connectors as show the Diagram Parts), see the picture.
Can i change the my 1994 Trim Motor and the valve body, for a 1991 Trim Motor and valve body, keeping the trim, shock, cylinder and relays, changing of course the hydraulics lines and the Bullet connectors for Bayonet connectors?
Is easy as look or i need to do other modifications.??

My Force 90 HP specs:

Make : Force
Model : H090412PE
S/N : OE032992
Year : 1994

Please help me.

Tnx

Gonzalo

Attachments

• Design III.jpg
    Design III.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Design I.jpg
    Design I.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 0

RRitt

Captain
Re: Trim Force 90 HP 1994 Problem

nope. prestolite motors require prestolite pumps and then your oil tubing won't fit.

replace the motor with a 1998 2w force trim motor 809885 . it is short and squat but will still fit perfectly. new prices range from $110 to $350. the sweet spot for quality is $200ish and the sweet spot for cheap but adequate is $110. make sure to order a bonding strap 88238A18 . the late model 2w motors eat themselves up with electrically induced corrosion. I've seen the cheap motors eat themselves up in less than two seasons because the owner did not install a $3 bonding strap. tie it back to ground or install a small bit of trim zinc anode.

Huason

Recruit

Tnx a lot RRit for your help.

I dont know exactly where is my trim problem.
I tested the trim system without the engine and goes up and down very good.
When I tried with the engine, goes up slowly (slower than normal) until to finish the trim cylinder (big one) when must goes up with the main cylinder nothing happen, motor electric work but the engine doesnt go up.If i help rise manualy and with the motor the engine goes up and keep in the upper position dont fall.When push the trim down button the engine fall abrupt, as if the motor does not hold out.
I think that these symptom sound like a motor or pump or valve body problem, not electrical or relays problem.
Is for this that i want to change motor, pump, body valve and hydraulic line from a 1991 trim system as i said in my last post, keeping the hydraulics bodys (trim cylinder and main cylinder).
I?m from Chile and i want to buy the spare parts that ensure solve my problem, because changing only the motor for a 809885 as you say maybe i cant solve the complete problem.And in the future i have a lot of spare parts on Internet available for this new trim system.

What do you Think.???
Can i do this change, both system (1991 and 1994) work with 12 volts, 2 wires and 2 relay.?

Tnx

Gonzalo

RRitt

Captain

the systems are interchangeable but the electric motors and pumps must have the correct tubing. The SS tubing is formed to match specific pump. If you change pump then you must change tubing.

I have not seen your problem before. if there was a problem with pressure setting or pistons then it would not tilt and the engine would drop rapidly as soon as you let go. If it was a problem with valves then the motor would slowly bleed down. If one of the internal valve was jusr blown open the it would have trouble changing directions and would not even work on the bench.

I'm 99% sure it is valve body but would not want to guess which part. Your symptoms don't fit any profile. it may be best to pay the $15 shipping and send it to america for repairs. check ebay USA. 150HP is too big for the aftermarket valve bodies.

the tall skinny pump is an eaton. it is one of the best designs ever used on any outboard from any company (if not THE best). it is a beautiful bit of engineering that combines simplicity with function. The Eaton fluid pump almost never breaks. But you need tubing and a mounting bracket in order to use it on the engine pictured. You would end up spending much more money.