Chrysler Powerhead

dropbear68

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I am in NSW/OZ area and need to figure out how I can fine a rebuildable 135HP or 140HP Chrysler or components. Any ideas where I should look?

Last edited by a moderator:

Justinde

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Chrysler Powerhead Wanted

Hi Drop

I don't know if this suits but......

Force 125hp outboard engine | eBay

I found that just today. Maybe Frank or Jerry can weigh in on the suitability for you.

Cheers

dropbear68

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Ah its just a Chrysler in sheeps clothing, wonder if the power head is interchangeable, Ill investigate thanks

Justinde

Chief Petty Officer

All Good Drop;-)

I am sure that Frank ( sorry Jerry) moreso than Jerry went into this before. From memory the ignition, carbs and bore/stroke were different, but the important stuff was all the same. Let them clarify, but $800.00 sounds like a good junker if it has 120 compression in all cylinders. It could be a simple fuse, or an ignition part, but still- $800 sounds good.......

Justinde

Chief Petty Officer

Maybe I can use some parts on my 1988 125????? When you are done we may need to wheel and deal!!

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner

The blocks are basically the same. The bore is different.The electronics are different and the block will need drilling and tapping to accomidate the newer electronics.
Most parts, pump/plugs lowerunits should swap.Carbs will be jetted wrong.
But if the comp is good it might be worth fixing??
And definatly Frank knows a lot more than I do!!!

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

Well, What year is your Chrysler? If it is a later one with Prestolite ignition, just about everything will swap onto the Force with no modification. If it is a distributor ignition, then yes, you will need to do minor modifications to swap your ignition onto the Force. But you are correct! It is a Chrysler in Force clothes. (Actually, it is a West bend in Force clothes.) Almost no changes other than cosmetic were made up until 1992

BUT--What is wrong with your current engine? remember, a rebuild should only cost around 1000 for all four cylinders if you do the work (except boring) yourself. AND it is not necessary to rebore all four cylinders if they are not bad, saving some money.

dropbear68

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Well, What year is your Chrysler? If it is a later one with Prestolite ignition, just about everything will swap onto the Force with no modification. If it is a distributor ignition, then yes, you will need to do minor modifications to swap your ignition onto the Force. But you are correct! It is a Chrysler in Force clothes. (Actually, it is a West bend in Force clothes.) Almost no changes other than cosmetic were made up until 1992

BUT--What is wrong with your current engine? remember, a rebuild should only cost around 1000 for all four cylinders if you do the work (except boring) yourself. AND it is not necessary to rebore all four cylinders if they are not bad, saving some money.

My 70 is just out of a rebuild and runs great, Id like the extra poke that only a nice 135 Chrysler can give a man, for an old motor anyway

Justinde

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Chrysler Powerhead

YAY!!!!

Sorry Jerry for that good old Aussie jibe at you;-) But I am happy you helped a fellow Aussie with the enquiry that they had;-)

49er's or Ravens for Superbowl???

I have a sneaky $10.00 on the Ravens. I think Joe Flacco will out-pace Colin Kaepernic...............

dropbear68

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Ive found an old clapped out Pride Cheetah with a 135HP I reckon he will let it go, looks like it hasnt seen water in a couple decades

Justinde

Chief Petty Officer

I ove a decade drop. I grew up in Nowra ( more specifically Sussex Inlet), so we should maybe exchange pleasantries and go for a fish with my mega 125 Force??

dropbear68

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Indeed justin Im always on the go for a fish, heading down in a fortnight to South Durras which is my fav haunt for Snapper , send me a pri message ill shoot u my email etc