Force 50 HP Diagrams, manual or information about this engine carburator problem

Perla

Recruit
:facepalm:Hi can some one help me to find some diagrams from this 50 HP Force engine? I have a old boat 1985 year, and I just to try to start the engine before more than 3 years was stoped; I have some problems but I cant explan very well because Im from Mexico an I have a bad english, So I need some digrams to identify the correct name of the components to try to write my problems; in the middle time I will try to explain:

1.- There is a piece under carburator (it close and open the drowner or cap) that I bealibe that it work went you accelerate, but in this case it doesnt work and the engine stop, but if I move it with my hand this continue on. I suppuse that this piece is not working can you help me with the name of this piece and confirm me if this can be the problem.

2.- After started the engine and use it a cuple of minutes out of lagoon or water (I mean the boat is in my house) and moving this piece manually; I saw a good quantity of water is output by the muffler so I suppouse that the impeller and water pump is fine; but Im viewing some oil mixed with water out by a one of 4 screw from the lower unit; Can you tell me why or what I need to do?

Thanks and forgive my bad English

carholme

Rear Admiral
Re: Force 50 HP Diagrams, manual or information about this engine carburator problem

Do not worry about your language, you should be proud of your ability to speak another language and it is always tough to try and talk in technical terms.

Here is a condensed version of the service manual which will help you get started and you may be able to identify some of the parts you need help with. Download it soonest to your computer as the link does not stay active for long:

Small Engine Repair Reference Center Home

If you know the year or the model number of your engine, I can send you the parts list which will be a great help.

Gerry

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: Force 50 HP Diagrams, manual or information about this engine carburator problem

The link has diagrams of 1985 year 50 hp Force.

Mercury Parts, FORCE 50 H.P.

If the oil and water that is leaking out, is black and smells like gasoline, it is likely unburned fuel.

If the oil is grey and smells like gearcase lube, then there is a leak from the gearcase.

johntheman

Recruit

This thread seems to be fairly current and full of knowledgeable guys. I'm considering buying a boat with a 50HP Force motor that quit running (looks like the ignition sensor wires out of the stator area were severed) but I'd like to start by finding a wiring diagram for the right year of motor. The seller is old and short a few cards from his deck - does not know the age of the motor. I cannot find a data plate/model number/serial number but I'm sure it'll be there somewhere (the motor was obviously well maintained and complete). The only number I found was on top of the cylinder area and it is R291588 (don't know if this is a serial or part number). Any hints where to look for a serial number? The wires in question are one White and one Purple are were going into (what I assume is) a power control module leading to the coil packs.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

John, welcome to iboats.

FWIW, it is best to start a new thread with your questions.

The R291588 is a casting number. little help.

Model number may be on a plate, located inside the cowl, under the carb.
Or it may be on a sticker, on the side of the transom bracket.

If not in either of these places, it is gone.

There were 4 different ignition and wiring systems in just 6 years.
A breaker ignition, a couple cd module ignitions, and a switchbox ignition.

A photo of the ignition components and fuel pump will help to id which system (and year) of the motor.

A model number would look like this: 507Y7A

If the motor is a 1990 or newer, then we need the serial number, something like: OE123654

My advice to you, if the motor is not running, it is worth zero $.
Parts and repairs cost just as much for an old Force, as they do for a newer motor.