chrysler 75 hp what year

dudi

Recruit
Hi everyone I'm new to this. I bought a boat with motor chrysler 75 HP model number 757HB and serial number 17006. i want to know what year is this and information to restart it since it was stored in the back yard for 9years , but the owner told me he did a complete service to the engine and then stored it. The engine is clean there is no leaking or wires break , what i need to do to get it running again.

Nordin

Commander
Re: chrysler 75 hp what year

The year is 1976, check lower unit lube, check comp., check for spark. If all that is okey try to start it. Look for coolingwater is the most imported thing when fireing it up. No water coming out of idlerelief hole and the snourt on LU. Stop it immediately.
Normaly maintain are changing waterimpeller, lower unit lube, cleaning carbs and put grease at all parts that need lube.

Steven Bates

Seaman Apprentice

If I may suggest one thing- Change your impeller and get it right BEFORE you attempt to run it if all things Nordin said are ok... A really cheap part, easy to get, a 30 minute job that needs doing especially on an engine that has sat for 9 yrs... and you can find all instructions on here thanks to Frank A. If it's not pumping water even for a short time damage can happen rather quickly. I'd also be inclined to put a little bit of oil down cylinders and turn over without plugs in to get some lube on the bores... after priming up fuel from tank via the priming bulb, undo the lil 7/16 hex head brass bolts on bottom of carbs, drain, re-tighten then prime and attempt to start... may just rinse out any dust/ filth that has accrued in bottom of carbs. Good luck with it mate hope it's a goer for you :)

dudi

Recruit

Wow thanks everyone , its good news for me and its cheap i will do this and keep you posted thanks