1997 force 120 hp water in bottom spark plug.

captain bob 2

Recruit
Replaced head gasket. started showing fuel on plug, but looked like not burning off or firering. switched coil and plugs still the same. Now showing water on plug again. Before finding water on plug bought stater and triger for inside it. Was told this could be my fire problem. Have not put on yet since finding water on plug. Could we maybe of blown head gasket again trying to run on 3 cylinders. Could exaust plate be water problem ? Can use some help here. This boat makes my living with very few trips this time of year to keep puting money into it troubleshooting.

pnwboat

Rear Admiral
Re: 1997 force 120 hp water in bottom spark plug.

I would suspect either exhaust plate gasket, or possibly a cracked stainless steel exhaust plate baffle.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner

You didin't say when the gasket was replaced.
Was it tourqed right?How tight?
Was the head warped?
Was the block smooth?
You do a compression test after fixing the gasket?

I'd start with pulling the head and checking the gasket.
Your chances of the stuff PNW suggests are at the far end of possibilities?(my opinion)
Start simple,compression and spark test??
No spark on any plug could be the stator.
Or more likley the water is drownding it out.

Jiggz

Captain

As JerryJerry mentioned, do a thorough inspection of the head gasket and also the head and other mating surfaces. Any water leaks can be easily traced if it's coming from the head side instead of the exhaust side. You might want to post pics of the gasket and also the head on your next post to give the forum a better idea.

captain bob 2

Recruit

head gasket was just put in yesterday. local mecanic saying reeds can put water on plug. going to pull carb and see if can see anything broke behind

Jiggz

Captain

I'm not really sure how water will get into from the reeds unless water actually entered through the carbs which means more than one cylinder will have water. Anyways, I would remove the head still and inspect it myself just to make sure it was torqued properly and sequentially. You do not have to destroy the gasket and can be re-used unless it was already pinched in some parts of it due to improper installation.