1981 Chrysler 9.9 Gas mixture?

ncp546

Cadet
New to the forums so take it easy on me. Just bought a 9.9 Chrysler outboard for $50. The owner told me it ran but i want to make sure. He said he forgot the mixture but said it would be easy to find on Google, (still cant find it) I have Polaris synthetic oil 2 stroke oil ready to be mixed. Once again im a noobie, im only 17 so take it easy one me.

jim j geezer

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 1981 Chrysler 9.9 Gas mixture?

Think: 50:1

Also, I know zilcho about your Polaris synthetic oil. BUT...... you have a water-cooled engine, so go with WTC 2-cycle oil.
Read the label on your Polaris oil. If it's shown as TC 2-cycle, or suitable for use with both water-cooled and air-cooled... avoid it in your outboard. Air-cooled engines run hotter than water-cooled, so the ideal oil formulations are different.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Outboard oil for water cooled 2 strokes is designated TC-W3. The mix for your '81 is 50:1.

Chrysler outboard questions go in the Chrysler Forum. I will move this for you.

ncp546

Cadet

Outboard oil for water cooled 2 strokes is designated TC-W3. The mix for your '81 is 50:1.

Chrysler outboard questions go in the Chrysler Forum. I will move this for you.

Thank you, and sorry for being so new to the forum. Your a great help!

ncp546

Cadet

Think: 50:1

Also, I know zilcho about your Polaris synthetic oil. BUT...... you have a water-cooled engine, so go with WTC 2-cycle oil.
Read the label on your Polaris oil. If it's shown as TC 2-cycle, or suitable for use with both water-cooled and air-cooled... avoid it in your outboard. Air-cooled engines run hotter than water-cooled, so the ideal oil formulations are different.

Thank you for the help. I will just go to my local gas station and get some oil. I dont wanna take the risk of it breaking.