what year is my force 125 hp outboard

letsgofish

Cadet
aloha, ive been trying really hard to find out the year info on my motors so i can order correct parts, but when i look up the serial # for force 125's none seem to match at all. any help is greatly appreciated. heres the info i have. i read on the forum here that mid 1988 there was a change and you can tell earlier from later from the early models having a metal placard by the carbs that has the model # ,serial # ect. and the later models have the sticker on the side of the motor by the motor mounting bracket. mine has the stickers by the mounting bracket. in my owners manual serial # is written 015974 and while i was looking all over the engine for part #'s to reference i found a small kinda crusty little sticker on the back of the motor right by the top that has the model # 1251x9D on the ignition pak the sticker is gone but it has a 398 branded into the side of it. on the starter which looks newer it has these two sets of #'s 616955 then below that 8 15 88 on the top backside of the motor i find this stamped into it. 8 24 8 the model # sticker covers the rest so im not sure if there is another # after the last 8. on the base of the carbs i have these 2 set of #'s upper carb - 664061-1 lower carb - 589061-2 i was told i need a new power pak, but it looks like i need to know the year to order the correct part. i will be trouble shooting the pak later today, to confirm that is the problem by switching the two and re-checking for spark. but again need to know the year in case i need other parts. your help is most appreciated. was it made in 8/1988 ? mahalo - aloha - mike :confused:

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Re: what year is my force 125 hp outboard

1989 125hp model D
125 (hp) 1 (series?) X (series) 9 (year) D (series)

What parts.Most parts are the same.
The differences are so small you can't find them.

Oh yea a few pics always helps.

So if someone asks it's a 89/125 series D

Try to break up the paragraph.It's really hard to read and remember the question(s)

letsgofish

Cadet
Re: what year is my force 125 hp outboard

sorry there Jerry, was just trying to include as much info as i could. mahalo for the help!