need help finding ignition pak for force 125 hp outboard

letsgofish

Cadet
aloha everyone, ive been told i need a ignition pak ? 2 plugs are supposedly not getting spark ? i was told i needed a new ignition pak, but cannot find a parts diagram anywhere that shows the top half of this engine to find a part #. can anyone help show me the procedure to test the parts. also i'm having trouble locating the part anywhere online, does anyone perhaps know where i can get one new or used ? thanks for every ones help. its much appreciated.:facepalm:

scottmm73

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: need help finding ignition pak for force 125 hp outboard

Sent you a PM.

catfishcarl99

Senior Chief Petty Officer

if you know your model number search for the part number on your pack. check ebay. i got one for $82 used this spring. running like a champ. saved me about $320.00

if you go that route make sure the seller listed it as tested. not as is. i got mine from a boat repair/salvage seller that had tested it and guarenteed it to work.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner

Just buying stuff for it ain't the way to go.
Try swapping the top one for the bottom one.
Then if the 2 plugs fire then you know it's the pack.
Nothing changes then it's probably the stator.

One thing to try.
Replace all the wire ends.
They can look good and even pass the tug test.
They are coated in shrink wrap and can look great but have a broken wire in there.
Replace them ALL I think 15 or 16
This might save you some $$$$

letsgofish

Cadet

aloha, thanks jerry, i can assure you i'm not just buying stuff for it, the local marine mechanic that had been working on these engines for the original owner since new is the one who told me the last time it was there it needed that part, i'm taking him at his word, which may be a mistake, but he has been around a while and seemed very familiar with these motors when talking with him. i will however today when i get home from work, pull the plugs, check for spark, test compression, and try swapping the 2 packs around to see if i then get spark, so wish me luck, hope to be out on the water sooner than later, . thanks everyone for your advise. thanks for the link roscoe !