Fuel & Oil Ratio for 90' Force Outboard

tybouff

Seaman Apprentice
Greetings,

I have a 150 hp Force outboard (1990). What is the proper fuel and oil ratio for this engine? I am assuming 50:1 but I want to make sure. Thanks in advance!!

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: Fuel & Oil Ratio for 90' Force Outboard

Yes, 50 to one.
2.6 ounces per gallon of gas.
16 ounces per 6 gallons.

As for gas, it was meant to run low octane (87) regular.

High octane has little if any value in 2 cycle outboards.

I personally run ethanol free gas in my motors, which usually means I have to buy the higher octane (91).

tybouff

Seaman Apprentice

Yes, 50 to one.
2.6 ounces per gallon of gas.
16 ounces per 6 gallons.

As for gas, it was meant to run low octane (87) regular.

High octane has little if any value in 2 cycle outboards.

I personally run ethanol free gas in my motors, which usually means I have to buy the higher octane (91).

I sincerely appreciate the info. I had the engine rebuilt this past winter and the mechanic strongly urged me to use the 93 octane fuel. I have a water separator and the mechanic "re jetted" the carbs for ethanol use... what is your opinion on those options? Why do you buy higher octane ethanol free gas? Is it only available as higher octane or is there value in the higher octanes for ethanol free gas? Again, thanks for all of your help. Best regards,

SweeperForce

Chief Petty Officer

That controversy is older that gas itself. My understanding is higher octane fuel was for removing pings and knocks and for racing.
Now ethanol free gas is way better of engine with rubber gas lines. Ethanol can delaminate the inside of the fuel lines and draw in moisture. Your in the right track if you have a water/fuel seperater. You might want to put in a in-line filter.

Force motor pics_0006A.jpg

Tom

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

I sincerely appreciate the info. I had the engine rebuilt this past winter and the mechanic strongly urged me to use the 93 octane fuel. I have a water separator and the mechanic "re jetted" the carbs for ethanol use... what is your opinion on those options? Why do you buy higher octane ethanol free gas? Is it only available as higher octane or is there value in the higher octanes for ethanol free gas? Again, thanks for all of your help. Best regards,

I buy this gas as it is the only ethanol free gas available to me.

I have never heard of re-jetting for ethanol use and don't believe it exists, or can be done.

The problems with ethanol are with the corrosive effects of the ethanol on other parts, not with jetting, or tuning.

In other words, either your mechanic is mis-informed, or full of it.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner

Like Roscoe said the re-jetting for ethanol????
How much did you pay for this service???
Please ask the mech what he did and post his answer????

Remember when we went to unleaded????
It was supposed to be the end of all older motorcycles and motors that required the lead to run right!!!
Well it never really happened.
The Ethanol: use the additives or use the boat a lot.
The Ethanol is worst when it sets for longer periods of time.
There is alcohol and a bit of water in the alcohol.It will eventually settle and seperate(long time).
Just use the additives and enjoy your boat.
Get the $ back for the re-jet and send it to,me,Roscoe,Frank,RRitt.Jiggz and Sweeper and all the others who try to help(I can always use gas money):)