How to adjust shift cable for 1989 l-drive force 125hp on a bayliner capri

Status
Not open for further replies.

hornetswarm

Seaman Apprentice
Hello,

I just replaced the shift cable because when I got above 3k RPM, the outdrive poped out of gear and reved up but prop did not spin (in-water). The shift cable was snapped at the the mounting point and allowed to much slop causing the shifter to pop out of fwd or reverse when reved up. HOwever, now that I have it all changed out, I was wondering if there is step by step procedure on how to adjust the linkage? I started with halfway point on all three adjustment points. 1. The throttle lever, the outdrive linkage and the pin that the cable mounted to. HOwever, after hours of twisting I can get the gear into forward and neutral, or reverse and neutral, but not all three. I know it is becase I am not adjusting it properly...Any help will be appreciated.

DerekNicolas8

Recruit
Following this post, the same problem with my 1990 Bayliner L drive force. Need help, I think the cable needs to be adjusted because the dog clutch and everything else looks fine but when I try to go forward or reverse, the engine revs but the propellor does not spin.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Following this post, the same problem with my 1990 Bayliner L drive force. Need help, I think the cable needs to be adjusted because the dog clutch and everything else looks fine but when I try to go forward or reverse, the engine revs but the propellor does not spin.

You can follow the post, but keep in mind it's been completely dead for almost 6 years. It would be much better for you start a new thread.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.