Chrysler 105hp not charging

spool

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi Guys,

My 105 hp Chrysler doesn't seem to be charging, I've replaced the rectifier (with a known working one) and checked the circuit breaker.

the + wire from the rectifier has continuity all the way to the battery and so does the ground, when started i get 12.5V which is the same as when the engines off.

I think the stator is the issue but i want to confirm, I've read over quite a few posts and checked the service manual.

Should i get continuity between the two black wires from the stator? what resistance should i expect and is there anything else i can do to test the stator?

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Re: Chrysler 105hp not charging

CDI electronics . com and outboard ignition .com both sites have test procedures for the older motors.

spool

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Chrysler 105hp not charging

CDI electronics . com and outboard ignition .com both sites have test procedures for the older motors.

I found the issue, there was no continuity across the stator wires, i got a second hand stator which had continuity across the wires and now I'm seeing charge voltage.
When i took the old stator off i found damage to one of the copper wires on the stator.

I'll keep that website bookmarked although i did not use it in this case.