wiring diagram for 1987 bayliner 50hp force that has a trigger and stator

Gmbrandx

Recruit
Please anyone that has a wiring diagram for 1987 bayliner with a 50hp outboard motor that has a trigger and stator type mhotor. Problem: I bought this boat and I was told that it had no spark at the plugs so I thought no problem! little did I know that it would be a pain. I found that the 6 point igntion switch was bad and the kill switch had been shorted out, so I bought a new one and put the wires back on the new switch and put a toggle switch for the kill switch, but still no start! Motor spins good, but no spark at the plugs, what does the trigger do? and how do I test it ? And test the stator? Iam retired and have a limited income so I have to fix it myseif if possible. So if someone could send me a wiring diagram to my email I would be so grateful !

Jiggz

Captain
Re: wiring diagram for 1987 bayliner 50hp force that has a trigger and stator

Here's a diagram which I believe applies to your model engine, Prior to 1988 "D" 50 HP the bottom one is the "D" model which started in late 88 up to 1999. Anyways, I've been working with two other members about the ignition switch on these engine. Note there is no ground wire for any of the "M" contacts unlike the newer model (see the "D" model wiring diagram). So we were trying to figure out the shut off ckt. In a grounded "M" contact type, this is done by connecting the two "M" contacts which shunts the ckt to ground hence turning off the coils. But the older model doesn't have these. Do you know if your ignition switch is still original. Does it has continuity between the two "M" contact in "Off" position or "On" position?

Force 1988 Prior to D 50 HP wiring diagram.jpg