120hp force .water pump

lisker

Cadet
Anyone know is it hard to replace the waterpump? I am handy put never workedc on an outboard. Thank you

Re: 120hp force .water pump

Nope vry easy one of the first things I did on a outboard drop the lower unit and at the base of the shaft is metal housing with 4 bolts take those off and the impelleris right there.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner

Top post in the Force Forum A link from FrankA ON how to do it.
Just don't take the shift pin out by mistake,when you change the gear oil(you are changing the oil aren't U).

lisker

Cadet

thank you for the answers... Yes, I for sure will replace the gear oil. I will take a look at the FAQ

Mytox

Seaman Apprentice
Hi guys. I'm changing my water pump on a 1992 Force 120, and the kit i purchased comes with a rubber seal the same diameter as the drive shaft. The old pump didn't have this seal and I'm not exactly sure where it goes (other than to seal the shaft where it enters the top of the pump housing???). I would look at Frank's FAQ, but I don't know where to find those (is there a link somewhere???).

Thanks

Randy

Mrlsm

Recruit
Hi Randy, did you ever get a response on the rubber seal? I just changed my impeller on my 1993 Force 120 and for the life of me i couldnt remember where that rubber seal went, (yeah it was just 10 minutes after I'd taken it off). It either was just above the pump housing or it was just under the pump housing and in between the pump housing and the metal impeller cup, On the drive shaft of course. Same diameter as the drive shaft and maybe an 1/8" thick, right?

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
The seal on the later type(with stainless insert) goes on the top of the housing.
​The earlier style had a seal built into the housing.
Oh yea welcome and don't post on older threads.

Lots of times you can look up the parts diagrams for your motor and it will answer some questions.