Chrysler 70hp head gasket replacement

frankd123

Recruit
Hello
I have a problem finding the head gastek for my 3 cylinder chrysler 70hp, I found a lot on the web but they look not the same, I'm attaching a picture of the one I have and also the new one that I want to buy. Do you guys know if it will work for my engine with no problem? will there be any problem with the cooling system?

thanks DSC00182.jpgGLM36290.jpg

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
Re: Chrysler 70hp head gasket replacement

ALL three cylinder Chrysler and Force engines use the same size head gasket. Some look different because the early Chrysler engines circulated water around the perimeter of the head. That is why the slots are in the gasket. IF your engine has a water jacket on top of the head held by three bolts next to the sparkplugs then the slots are not necessary.

If your engine is an earlier one with the tube running down the head next to the sparkplugs, with the thermostat on top of the tube, then you need a gasket with the holes in the perimeter or yes, there may be cooling problems

Last edited:

456SIGN

Cadet

ALL three cylinder Chrysler and Force engines use the same size head gasket. Some look different because the early Chrysler engines circulated water around the perimeter of the head. That is why the slots are in the gasket. IF your engine has a water jacket on top of the head held by three bolts next to the sparkplugs then the slots are not necessary.

If your engine is an earlier one with the tube running down the head next to the sparkplugs, with the thermostat on top of the tube, then you need a gasket with the holes in the perimeter or yes, there may be cooling problems

I have the same motor, 707HD...Whats the torque specs for the head bolts?

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner

You should start your own thread.
20#