355BA chrysler outboard. no spark to spark plugs.

Danlesperance

Recruit
i have recently purchased a boat with a 45 chrysler on it. model number 355BA. it seems to be turning over well everytime however the spark plugs dont want to spark. one was sparking before but now neither are. the coils arnt cracked. im a little confused, someone had taken the flywheel off before so im not sure what they had done.. any tips would be greatly appreciated to get my boat in the water this summer !

wickware

Lieutenant
Re: 355BA chrysler outboard. no spark to spark plugs.

Please send some close pics of what you are seeing under the flywheel. A list of what you have tried and results. I have enjoyed sharing from my 1970 35 HP Chrysler since 1984, that is how I learned a lot along with my Clymer Manuel. I also feel I had a slight advantage from automotive and small engine training and experiences mid 60s ? 1990.

Notice there is a post close to yours, "1973 45hp Chrysler no spark". You all need to team up on this problem, info and tests. Before the heat, I enjoyed running out to verify my suggestions and test but I?m guessing from memory and documented pics now. LOL. Repeated info is time consuming, if a search or manuel will show the info ?but not fast enough?. Most of all, you need a ?Local Friend With Hands On Experience? that will trade chores. I have welded and worked known repairs for firewood and yard chores. It Works with True Friends And Skills. Lecture 101, LOL!!