chrysler 130 hb wiring question

tjl123

Cadet
I have a 130 chrysler I need to know where the purple wire hooks to on the motor it says generator but where does it go from there. The wiring diagrams just show this going to the wire block under the dash and no where from there. How do I tell if this motor charges the battry when it is running

thanks for any help

Charlie61

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: chrysler 130 hb wiring question

i dide not say much about anything need more imforation about what you are wanting to know "do you have gages /speed/fuel/voltage ?

how about picture

tjl123

Cadet

I have a chrysler 130 hp it is a 1972 or 73 model it is a 1307hb
I wired the ign switch no problem there
There is a wire that is purple in color that runs down the wire harness along with the ign switch wires I need to know where it connects at. On the motor side it is marked generator. so I need to knowwhere the wire hooks up ...also how do I know that the battery is getting charged when the motor is running

Charlie61

Petty Officer 1st Class

If you have a voltage gage and you are getting more an 12 volts reading your battier could be changing. If it's less an 12 volt you are running off your battier. as far as the purple go to www.maxrules.com there may be wiring for your motor and some normal boat wiring . hope the helps I'm not a boat know it all, but i have been wiring some thing from dc to ac from 1.5 volts to 660 volt
good luck