'69 Chrysler 45 Fuel line

dsdavis02

Recruit
Hi all. New here and new to boats. I recently acquired a 1969 Sea King with what I was told is the original Chrysler 45hp outboard on it. It runs fine and will crank but the fuel line is cut in half and I dont know where to get a new one. The local Marina is closed today and in any case it's a small town marina and I dont think they would even have it to be honest.
What size are they and where can I get it? Ive tried google and amazon but thats all I can think of.
This is all it needs to run! Thanks guys!

TwoFish

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: '69 Chrysler 45 Fuel line

Try to get E10 (ethanol) resistant marine grade hose if you can.

wickware

Lieutenant
Re: '69 Chrysler 45 Fuel line

I just has a bad experience changing what I feel was my 1970 35 HP Chrysler?s original line and bulb this season. This was a Preventive Maintenance effort I thought since the old plastic looking line was hard as a rock but would bend and w/n cracked. The new line and bulb ordered from a reputable Auto chain d/n last though the 1st outing with the bulb cracking at every seam. As backup, I still had the old line and bulb onboard ("Old School and minimal tools"). The new line was very flexible and had a clear inner lining with an outer gray braided plastic. It was no problem getting a full refund.

At the Mercury Marina the solid gray thick line was approx 3.00 a foot w/o a 20.00 + bulb vs about 20.00 for the other kit with a bulb about 20.00 total. Most of all, I have a clear in-line filter between the fuel tank and engine to see fuel flowing and any deteriorating. A bulb is due if I get on the water enough vs 3-5 trips in these non productive trips. Actually, I feel this North Tx heat will eliminate a bulb and the tanks should be vented.