115 chrysler no spark mod#p1155H9A ser#1011

bw9712

Recruit
Frank this is a 2 wire dist. one blue one white with black stripe I have 12volts at blue 6.5volts at white with black. Cranking I have nothing at the white wire on the top of the coil and no spark. The blue wire comes from ign. switch to terminal bar then to dist. the white with black goes from dist. to cd. There is a blue wire a red wire and a white wire that come from the terminal bar to the cd which are all hot with key on. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
Re: 115 chrysler no spark mod#p1155H9A ser#1011

All that sounds correct with a couple of possible the exceptions. The white/black going from the distributor to the CD box. I have never tested the electric eye and it is said that there is no good test for one so I don't know if 6.5 volts is correct. However, since the electric eye is for signaling the CD box to dump into the coil 6.5 could be correct as long as it is pulsing. That is, one pulse for each cylinder or four pulses per revolution.

If you have the large, black, finned CD, that is Motorola and it is a grey wire on top of the coil coming from the side of the box. It attaches to pos. terminal and a black ground attaches to the neg terminal and distributor mount. There should also be a ground attaching from the mount to the distributor body. This is important because the body can be effectively insulated from ground by the grease inside the mount.

The white coming from the CD box to the terminal board by the starter is tachometer signal and should only have power during cranking and running. I never checked it but I am reasonably certain that there should be no signal with just the key on. At any rate, it should show variable or pulsing voltage during cranking or running. --need a special VOM to capture that--- It should be connected to the tach signal terminal not any terminal on the ignition switch. It could be connected to one "M" terminal with a jumper to the tach signal terminal though since the "M" terminals are not used on your engine and do not get any power from the switch.