1986 Force 125 Ignition/Spark Issues (no spark on 3 and 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisaw0811

Cadet
Hello Everyone, I am new to the forum. I recently purchased a 1990 Bayliner Capri 17ft with a 1986 Force 125 "B" Model Inline 4 Cylinder Outboard. I bought it as a project and I just started working on it. I am only getting spark on cylinder 1 & 2 (top two cylinders) and NO spark on 3 & 4 (lower two). I thought for sure that it was the CD box because one controls 1 & 2 and the other controls 3 & 4. I swapped boxes and there is still no spark on 3 & 4 so i know the box is good. All coils have been checked also. I am left to think that it is the stator? Any help would be appreciated. Also, what is a good fuel-to-oil ration for this boat. Thanks for any help in advance, Chris.

pnwboat

Rear Admiral
Re: 1986 Force 125 Ignition/Spark Issues (no spark on 3 and 4)

Disconnect the Blue and Yellow stator leads that go to the second CD module. Measure the resistance. It should be 680-850 OHMs. You can also compare to the Blue and Yellow stator leads that go to the First CD Module. They should be pretty much the same readings. 50:1 fuel oil ratio is the factory recommended mixture.

Status
Not open for further replies.