swivel bracket with steering tilt tube for a 35hp chrysler

Davidsed

Cadet
I have a 1972 35hp chrysler outboard. I'm wanting to use it on my pontoon, switching it out with my mercury 9.9 as lake horsepower limits dictate. I don't have a lot of room to rig up steering tube supports, and really don't want to have to remove said supports each time I want to put the 9.9 on, which has the teleflex steering cable going through the tilt tube. I was wondering if there is another chrysler or force outboard that has a swivel bracket with tilt tube that would fit. I was scanning through various years/hp's of chrysler schematics/exploded parts lists, and it looked like the 45 hp (1980-1984 i think) had a swivel bracket with tilt tube. I have seen on ebay a few swivel brackets from force motors (one was from a 35hp, can't recall the year) that "looked" like it would work, but have already used my outboard "gambles" on ebay. ( I bought a swivel bracket, transom clamp and tilt tube set for a 30 hp chrysler........it will fit, but I've got about 2-3 inches of kingpin exposed!) Does anyone know of a swivel bracket that would interchange? I also have a 1967 35hp, with the same swivel bracket. In parts listings, I couldn't find a 35 of any year with a tilt tube. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Davidsed

Cadet
Re: swivel bracket with steering tilt tube for a 35hp chrysler

I forgot to add.....the serial of the '72 is 355HD