Disconnected wires on 1998 75HP

Frankypop

Recruit
Hey everybody, and first of all sorry for my english (I'm french).

As Force motors are very rare in France I would need your help for a motor I've just bought (1998 75HP) :
It seems to run perfectly but while I was checking it for the first trip I discovered two wires disconnected than you can see on my photo in the pink circle.
Please could you tell me if these two wires (one brown, the other a sort of salmon color (old orange ?)) must be connected to something (of course I think so !).
As they can be pluged one in the other I was tempted to connect them together... but I find it strange that these two wires are different colors... and I wasn't able to recognise them on the diagrams I found.

Please can you help me ?

747297IMG3990.jpg

forddog1974

Recruit
Re: Disconnected wires on 1998 75HP

Hey everybody, and first of all sorry for my english (I'm french).

As Force motors are very rare in France I would need your help for a motor I've just bought (1998 75HP) :
It seems to run perfectly but while I was checking it for the first trip I discovered two wires disconnected than you can see on my photo in the pink circle.
Please could you tell me if these two wires (one brown, the other a sort of salmon color (old orange ?)) must be connected to something (of course I think so !).
As they can be pluged one in the other I was tempted to connect them together... but I find it strange that these two wires are different colors... and I wasn't able to recognise them on the diagrams I found.

Please can you help me ?

747297IMG3990.jpg

I have that exact same motor. Connect the two wires together. Those wires were disconnected when the previous owner took it out to test drive it for me. I saw the wires loose, and the motor wouldnt fire up. I offered him a much lower price, and connectd the wires and the motor has run great for 4 years now.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner

They could be for a temp guage.Find the manual and it will have them in the wiring diagram.
Wires of a different color shouldn't be connected if you don't know what they are for.
Some one will have the diagram and fill in the blanks>J

Frankypop

Recruit

Well I thought of a temporary operation purpose too, because I've got the diagrams and these two wires are not shown, I think. (Note that the brown one isn't just brown but brown-white, and there are no brown-white nor orange wires on those diagrams).
Forddog, the fact that these wires were loose on your motor as well, makes me think on the contrary... that it's maybe normal ! In that case there are simply useless for the normal use of the motor, because my motor do run with these loose wires... maybe there is no link between the connection of these wires on your motor and the fact that you could start your motor in the end (unfortunately for the former owner) !
208735diagrams.jpg

Frankypop

Recruit

Thanks for answering.
Well I thought of a temporary operation purpose too, because I've got the diagrams and these two wires are not shown, I think. (Note that the brown one isn't just brown but brown-white, and there are no brown-white nor orange wires on those diagrams).
Forddog, the fact that these wires were loose on your motor as well, makes me think on the contrary... that it's maybe normal ! In that case there are simply useless for the normal use of the motor, because my motor do run with these loose wires... maybe there is no link between the connection of these wires on your motor and the fact that you could start your motor in the end (unfortunately for the former owner who loose money) !
208735diagrams.jpg

TwoFish

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have the same motor and that's normal. They are spare wires for temp temp gauge or trim sensor. If you follow them through the loom to the front of the boat they are not connected to anything. Just leave them as they are and you will be fine.

They could come in handy if you get a short in one of the other loom wires as you could use the spare wires. Save having to run a new wire.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

I have the same motor and that's normal. They are spare wires for temp temp gauge or trim sensor. If you follow them through the loom to the front of the boat they are not connected to anything. Just leave them as they are and you will be fine.

They could come in handy if you get a short in one of the other loom wires as you could use the spare wires. Save having to run a new wire.

Exactly.

Spare wires, not used on your motor.

Frankypop

Recruit

So guys thanks a lot !
I'm very grateful and will now use my motor quietly

TwoFish

Petty Officer 1st Class

I found a problem on my motor that my be worth checking. The bolt that holds the choke solenoid has a rubber grummet that wares over time allowing the wires to rub on the intake manifold. I caught mine just in time and repaired them with heat shrink. I purchased a packet of rubber grummets at an auto supply store for next to nothing and replaced the worn one. I have attached a photo.

Hope this helps. Choke star.jpg

Frankypop

Recruit

Sure it helps thank you so much : I'll check this !
By the way, I'm interested in every advice I can get from all of you, I'm a newbie with this motor.