Force Outboard/Prestolite Ignition???ADDED PICS

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Picture 299.jpgPicture 300.jpgHave a flywheel I know fits a Force Mid 80's -90's
Model# FCC3000 Then I find one with FCB3000.
I notice it has different orientation for the timing marks and different timing marks.

What's it off of??
Can get pics but it looks just about the same as the other.J

The difference is the one flywheel has 2 marks about 2 in apart and the regular 85hp FCC3000 has 3

The keyway is cut about 90deg different than the regular one??????

Last edited:

pnwboat

Rear Admiral
Re: Force Outboard/Prestolite Ignition???

Hard to say. Not familiar with those model#'s, but I do know that the flywheels for a 1988 50HP motor and a 1988 125HP motor look pretty much the same. You cannot interchange them because the trigger magnet around the hole in the middle of the flywheel is set up differently.

jason32038

Chief Petty Officer

I cant tell you what it's off of but I know ive used 2 flywheels on my Force 85hp that had both 2 timing marks and 3..I'm pretty sure the 2 outer marks are the same on the flywheel with 3 marks (tdc on the right and dynamic mark on the left...maybe the leftish middle mark is for static timing). Dont know what you mean by different orientation of timing marks just trying to help. Pics would be good for the curious.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner

Added pics.J

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

Jerry: The trigger on the two cylinder engines comes out from under the flywheel in a different spot than on the three and four cylinders. Additionally, the center magnet is placed differently in relation to the key--think 180 degrees versus 120 or 90 for 3 and 4 cylinder.

MOST LIKELY you have a two cylinder flywheel which will not swap with the three and four cylinder models.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner

I didn't think it'd swap.Just was wondering what it fit???
Thanks Frank.

Now if I could remember where I got it??????