1988 Force 125 Wont Throttle up

reelmasta

Cadet
1988 Force 125 runs and idles fine. Last year this issue was intermittent and got worse as fall set in. Took it out Easter moning when I pull out of the marina and throttle up the motor RPMs come up a little but not much even if i pump the bulb. Fuel pump diaphram is good. Compression 120, 120, 122, 125. I suspect carb issues. Any ideas.... I'd like to try and pull both carbs and clean them but scared of syncing them back up.....

86-vip

Cadet
Re: 1988 Force 125 Wont Throttle up

i pull my carbs about every three years unless some goes wrong before that time i leave all linkage hooked to carbs and just take the c clip off top carb rod and unhook throttle controller never had problems so far-----.it can be intimidating first couple of times but it dont work rite anyways so------go for it its a force anyways----i love em but eventually youll go to a different brand everybody will......

bentle

Chief Petty Officer

Are both carbs opening at the same time and are they opening all the way.
Have someone help and verify the above and that all linkages are functioning properly.
At the start of the forum page there's a sticky which has a link and sink.
Its pretty easy to fallow and FrankA knows his stuff.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner

Fuel delivery problems.
Possible the vent hose is clogged.
Dirty carbs.
ANY inline hose connectors.Eventually they leak and can suck air.
Bad hoses from ethanol.It delaminates the inside and clogs the works.

reelmasta

Cadet

Thanks everyone. So far my parts store closed on Monday??? I pulled both bowls and they were very clean. I ran the throttle through a static run and all seam to be very smooth and open/close the same. Electric choke works as designed. I'm pretty sure I can rule out a sync issue as the problem was come and go. If a sync problem I assume it would be all the time (correct me if wrong please). I put the covers back on and installed the bowls, pumped it up and the bottom bowl is leaking. Wish I would have tried pumping it prior to pulling the bowls. Now that I think about it my transome has gas in it constantly so I'm thinking maybe the bottom bowl has been leaking/sucking air. Tomorrow I will replace the seal on the bowls, throw in new plugs and run up to the lake and see....

reelmasta

Cadet

Carb 1.jpg Pulled the carbs, am I supposed to unscrew the part in the hole where the bowl bolts goes into?

reelmasta

Cadet

thanks for the help guys, I forgot to post back what fixed it...... The cork gasket around the carb bowls were both bad and I assume sucking air.... case closed.