Want to install power trim on my '75 chrysler

Tmacular

Petty Officer 1st Class
Ok been thinking about it a while and im curious, can I add a power tilt to my 75 55hp outboard. If so is there a certain kind or will any tilt kit work with some modifications? I feel like this has been asked but didnt find anything in the search, maybe I was asking the wrong thing :D

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
Re: Want to install power trim on my '75 chrysler

Yeah, we did go through this a short while ago. Search for thread: Jeopardy daily double. Original post date Feb 25.

Short of replacing the steering yoke, the stock trim/tilt will not adequately fit. I have one of these units and at first glance it appears that it will fit but upon further inspection, the engine does not have room for the tilt cylinder upper eye and there is no cast boss for the trim cylinder ram.
While a power T/T was made for Chryslers and Force 50s, the engine must have been designed for it and come with it stock.
Unless you want to change the steering yoke and pivot plus buy the T/T unit--if you can find one--your best bet would be to find a good used CMC power trim unit on the auctions. Easier and probably cheaper too.

Tmacular

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Want to install power trim on my '75 chrysler

Yeah, we did go through this a short while ago. Search for thread: Jeopardy daily double. Original post date Feb 25.

Short of replacing the steering yoke, the stock trim/tilt will not adequately fit. I have one of these units and at first glance it appears that it will fit but upon further inspection, the engine does not have room for the tilt cylinder upper eye and there is no cast boss for the trim cylinder ram.
While a power T/T was made for Chryslers and Force 50s, the engine must have been designed for it and come with it stock.
Unless you want to change the steering yoke and pivot plus buy the T/T unit--if you can find one--your best bet would be to find a good used CMC power trim unit on the auctions. Easier and probably cheaper too.

Well of course I didnt find it lol. At first I thought you were kidding haha. Yea I read through that, seems like its more trouble then its worth. The new lakes im boating on now have stumps and various other things sticking out (reservoirs) and I am sick of having to go back to lift it when needed. Oh well thanks for the reference Frank!