1988 bayliner cobra 125 force

Status
Not open for further replies.

redwood1

Recruit
Just picked up a 88 bayliner with a 125 force is this a two battrey set up?
lights,bilge and stereo not working otherwise runs great help please.

Justinde

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 1988 bayliner cobra 125 force

Welcome redwood

Post a pic and we'll be sure to let you know. Welcome to the forum. In regards to anything Force or boat related, we are here to give you advise to help you sort your boat and enjoy it!

Post pic and we'll get back to you.

jason32038

Chief Petty Officer

It's usually a 1 battery setup. The accessories should be powered seperately from the ignition switch. Make sure you check the battery area..there should be a seperate set of wires to hook up to the battery for the lights and all. Also check under the dash for bad connections.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner

That boat wasn't really made for a second battery.It can be put in if you want.I really don't see a need for two.A regular battery will last a long time running the stereo.
I installed a lawn mower battery in one.They would use the main battery to run and cruise.Then switch to the smaller for beaching and stereo.
There is a fuse block under the dash.

skidooseadoo83

Seaman Apprentice

I have an 89 1952 capri, single battery. Im installing a 800 watt 4 channel amp to power my wake tower speakers (only installing two speakers for now) and was looking to install another battery with a selectable 1/2/both master switch... I started wondering about the alternator output if i keep adding on more stereo load. Eventually bridging my other two channels for a 8" sub, any thoughts? Sorry, didnt mean to jack your thread.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner

Start your own thread.The mods don't like it.
I really don't care,so here goes,the outboard doesn't really put out enough power to run a lot of power equipment.
What you should do is add a second battery and make #2 a big deep cycle.
Use the starting battery for starting.The second to use while setting idle.Just make sure you switch #1 off.
The motor can charge both while running.

pnwboat

Rear Admiral

I have a 1988 Bayliner Cobra too. Had similar problems. Check the fuse holder under the dash. I had some corrosion on the spring metal tabs that hold the fuses in place. Cleaned them off, and no more problems, everything worked afterwards.

Also, there is a small black ground wire and a small red positive wire that runs from the fuse panel under the dash to the battery. Make sure they're hooked up too.

Nightsnorkeler

Recruit
What would be the recommended battery for this boat? I only use mine very rarely and have had to replace the battery every 3 years or so...doesn't seem right. I now have a switch to quick disconnect when not in use tend avoid power leaks and would like to buy the best battery I can to replace my dead one.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
What would be the recommended battery for this boat? I only use mine very rarely and have had to replace the battery every 3 years or so...doesn't seem right. I now have a switch to quick disconnect when not in use tend avoid power leaks and would like to buy the best battery I can to replace my dead one.

Old thread. Why don't you start a new thread?

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.