need a ONE PIECE LONG SHAFT lower unit for a 65hp Chrysler...have money

Yes, I am aware that they are rare, and yes, I have asked Frank Acampora.

My outboard is a '77 659HA, long shaft and one piece lower unit. I have seen several of the correct lower units out there (Frank had one, no longer for sale, and Ebay had a few a while back) but I didn't have enough money to get one when I saw them. Now I have the funds, but can't locate one for sale. Any chance someone has EDIT a lead on where to find one? All of the other ones were being sold for about $350 including shipping, so that is my budget more or less.

I have yet to see ANY listings for just the drive shaft, but that would also get me back on the water. Again, long shaft, one piece, and tapered splines for the pinion gear. Long shaft means about 28.5 inches from the water pump to end of shaft. They don't sell these new anymore, so used is my only chance.

Please help me! I really want to use my boat again!

Last edited by a moderator:

Nordin

Commander
Re: need a ONE PIECE LONG SHAFT lower unit for a 65hp Chrysler...have money

Have you tried Franz Marine? He has almost everything for Chrysler/Force. He is not cheap but a goldmine to us Chrysler/Force rider.

73stang

Cadet

EDIT: You need to read and respect the rules, too, 73stang.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Last edited by a moderator:

73stang

Cadet

Sorry, was meant as a private message...hit the wrong button, not payingh attention...head where it shouldn't have been...on and on