Looking for chrysler/seaking coil part...please help!

talfermann

Recruit
Hello, I'm new to the forum and need help. I have a 1980 Chrysler Seaking 9.9 hp outboard.. model: VWB 52299 Serial: 08X 20390.

I am looking for where to buy the ignition coils and also how to remove them. On the coils it says "FWM 2500B" on one and "FWM 1308" on the other (or FWM 1306, it's hard to read). Any idea on where to get these?

Separate question: After talking with a dealer I was sent Sierra 18-5181 coils to replace johnson/evinrude parts 582995 and 584477. Can I use these to replace mine? I'm thinking not but just wanted a better opinion.

Thank you so much! These parts and information on them are hard to find.

Ted

aeviaanah

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Looking for chrysler/seaking coil part...please help!

Hello, I'm new to the forum and need help. I have a 1980 Chrysler Seaking 9.9 hp outboard.. model: VWB 52299 Serial: 08X 20390.

I am looking for where to buy the ignition coils and also how to remove them. On the coils it says "FWM 2500B" on one and "FWM 1308" on the other (or FWM 1306, it's hard to read). Any idea on where to get these?

Separate question: After talking with a dealer I was sent Sierra 18-5181 coils to replace johnson/evinrude parts 582995 and 584477. Can I use these to replace mine? I'm thinking not but just wanted a better opinion.

Thank you so much! These parts and information on them are hard to find.

Ted
Not sure if thats the right coil because I dont have part manual for your motor. Locate that and it will tell you which coil. If you asked a dealer it should be correct. Here is a link to that particular part.
http://www.marineengine.com/newparts/part_search.php?part_num=582995&x=0&y=0

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

You can also try Standard Magneto Sales in Chicago, but those coils are rather dear in price. Coils are matched to magnet power and are usually mounted differently on different brands. I don't think the OMC coils will mount. HOWEVER: Chrysler did outsource some parts from the same supplier as OMC and there is always the possibility that the coils will fit. Compare them and test fit.

talfermann

Recruit

You can also try Standard Magneto Sales in Chicago, but those coils are rather dear in price. Coils are matched to magnet power and are usually mounted differently on different brands. I don't think the OMC coils will mount. HOWEVER: Chrysler did outsource some parts from the same supplier as OMC and there is always the possibility that the coils will fit. Compare them and test fit.

Thanks for the help guys! I found all my parts with Standard Magneto. Hopefully I can get it running now.