1995 force 120 lost power to ignition and trim

Thanks for reading, i was out last night on a lake attempting to fish and was bouncing around from spot to spot.. Everything was fine until i got back to the dock i turned the motor off(for like the 10th time) and got the truck, went to start the motor to power on the trailer and nothing happend. i lost power to my ignigtion and my trim? All the accessories were working fine minus the radio that is hooked up to the ignition..
after toying with the terminals i took a jump box and directly added power to the trim components on the motor to tilit the engine up. Today i went and cut the old terminals off and added 2 new ones and still nothing.. i have been checking all over for what look like the 'relays' to the starter and trim motor on the motor with no luck, and was thinking/HOPEING its just the ignition but im stumped.. it was a mirror night on the water so no bumps of any sort.. any idead or wiring diagrams to get me started would be GREATLY apprecited. Thank you for checking.

droach77

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 1995 force 120 lost power to ignition and trim

Check the main wiring harness on the motor. Mine did the same exact thing, had me stumped for a while. Wiggle it while someone is hitting the tilt button. good luck

dave

Jiggz

Captain

The only thing I can see that could cause lost of power to both mains and trims/tilt is the main circuit breaker tripping. Check the attached pics of wiring diagram for your motor.

Force 1995 120 HP Wiring Diagram.jpg

alright ill try that today thanks guys..

jiggz i coudnt open that link, what/where is the main circut breaker>

fucawi

Banned

knowing where the circuit breaker is is as important as putting oil in the fuel or checking the pisser ..its there to stop a fire if there is a problem like the fuses on your car ...

droach77

Petty Officer 2nd Class

correct me if i am wrong but i think that motor has a fuse instead of a circuit breaker. (20 amp)

dave

Jiggz

Captain

Force 1995 120 HP Wiring Diagram.jpgHere's the diagram again and Droach is correct it looks like a 20 amp fuse vice a Ckt bkr depending on your model and serial number.

droach77

Petty Officer 2nd Class

# 15 is what was working loose on my motor, the factory metal reatainers were not doing it so put 4 zip ties around it. Two one way and two the other and sinched it together, worked like a charm.

maildude1960

Cadet

I had the exact same problem with mine yesterday. I had the motor turned all the way to the right at the dock and it would not do anything. Straightened the motor out and got power back, so
maybe my problem is the main connector also?

im still stumped? i checked the wire harness and everything loos good.. ran a wire directly to the battery and it statred so its probably just a bad wire somewhere but i just cant seem to find it.. its maddning im missing the best fishing right now and cant figure out where this wire could be.. trim n tilt still not responding..

droach77

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Just because things look good do not mean they are, wrestle that connector around while tring to trim. Mine looked fine too which is what had me stumped, i found it on accident while dressing up the wires. good luck

dave