Tell Tale Line install 69 Chrysler 55 hp

jmulz824

Seaman
I have read over alot of the posts about installing a tell tale on a motor. Just a quick question. I have a 69 chrysler 55 hp, runs great but would like to add a line coming out of the motor cover just for an added visual. (can be tough to see the water from the drivers seat)

The Line that runs between the thermostat, can I just put a T on it and drill a hole in the shroud and run it out like that? Or do I need to drill out by the thermostat?

BuzzStPoint

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Tell Tale Line install 69 Chrysler 55 hp

Just beyond the thermostat, do you have a fitting there?
My 1970 does.. But I have destroyed 2 screw drivers trying to get it out.

wickware

Lieutenant

1. I added a ?Tee? for the Tell Tale where the plug is by the thermostat on this 35 HP Chrysler (with a 55 HP cover on it).

2. A ?Tee? in the hose ?Might? work as good but I never tried it. The flow might change at that point?

3. I did come out the side of the cover until I noticed the Pain of threading the line out. I actually pinched the line off once w/o knowing it until I looked back and d/n see the flow. I felt it was best to drill and exit just below the cover (the clear line is hard to see below the original hole). A past owner of the 55 HP cover appeared to have exited in the ?C? in Chrysler (I noticed later).

Good Luck! jow

Attachments

• A Solid TellTale Stream W-O Exhaust (10).jpg
    A Solid TellTale Stream W-O Exhaust (10).jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 0
  • A Solid TellTale Stream W-O Exhaust.jpg
    A Solid TellTale Stream W-O Exhaust.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 1970, 35 HP Chrysler Clear Low Tell Tale.JPG
    1970, 35 HP Chrysler Clear Low Tell Tale.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 0
  • A Past TellTale Stream In C.jpg
    A Past TellTale Stream In C.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 0

fucawi

Banned

removing the plug in the head or a T in the line is fine BUT the outlet at the end of the pipe should only be 3 mm or 1/8 in......