What year model is this Force 120?

Water Wings

Recruit
Hey guys, been lurking for years reading all the helpful info on my boats and waverunners. Now I need your help.

My parents own a 1994 VIP Bass boat with a Force 120 motor. I know, the motor year model is probably a 1994 Force 120. The problem is that they bought the boat and motor used and think it is a 1995 motor. They live out-of-state so I am trying to collect info long distance.

The lower unit bearing carrier assembly upper bolt mount and flange are broken. They want to replace it and I suggested that while they are doing that they might as well replace the seals and needle bearings.

In order to do that I told them to check for the Force model number and serial number located on the transom. They have searched the entire motor transom and everywhere else without being able to find any data for me to use.

After seeing some of the comments on this board I suggested finding me any numbers to try and figure out the model number. Here are a few that they found.

Cover 664712
Flywheel 2914
Starter M742921010
Unknown 100-31983C

I would hate to buy the parts for a 94' or 95' and then find out they don't fit because it is a 90' or 96'. I want to buy the parts, ship them to my parents house and then pull and replace those parts when I visit in early October.

This looks like a fairly easy job..... any thoughts?

Any help would be appreciated.

Steve

bentle

Chief Petty Officer
Re: What year model is this Force 120?

Should be located midsection port side stern bracket. Could be a little wore off and faded. That is the only place it would be unless it is an L-drive.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Re: What year model is this Force 120?

Pics of the lower will help.
Like Bentle says somewhere on the transom clamp assy it should have a sticker.J