1984 Chrysler 35 hp Ing wiring issue question

JimK8COP

Recruit
Hopfully this will be a quick fix question.

1) I replaced the CDI Ing. pack in this engine. While trouble shooting it, the coil packs may have gotten switched around. In reading the manual, it shows that one is postive ground, and the other is neg ground. Does it matter if there switched? Does one have a longer sparkplug cable length?

2) Which cyl is #1. Is it the bottom one? Manual does not tell me which one is the correct one.

Trying to get back into the water on Saturday. Don't want to screw this up.

Thanks,

Jim

JimK8COP

Recruit
1984 Chrysler 35 hp Ing wiring issue question

Tater76,

Thanks for the information on which cyl is which. The wiring digram is for the non-electronic ing system.

Each of the coils has a black wire that goes to the mounting screw. Their is only one terminal connector on each of the two coils.

I have a brown and a white wire for each of the coils that comes from the CDI pack.

Jim

tater76

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: 1984 Chrysler 35 hp Ing wiring issue question

I'm just not finding a diagram for your motor, look at this page http://www.maxrules.com/fixforcewiring.html it may have some info you need, especially focus on the chrysler 55hp diagrams as they sound like what you are looking for. it may be possible your motor was upgraded by someone like me :) I have multiple 70's vintage Chrysler's sporting newer Force ignition systems.