Force what year / hp / cd

MY FORCE

Cadet
Hi, i'm new to the forum, but have been getting info. From the forum for a while. My motor has a mod. # 856x7b, ser. # 2793. I ordered a prop by those #'s. I got the wrong prop. Wouldn't fit. After searching a lot of posts, and asked many ? From parts dept. I ordered a 072108 prop--it fit. The motors flywheel has a prestolite system stamped on it. The lower unit has dual exhaust w/ a water intake on the bullet. The cd # is 466 and the coil # is 786. I think i need a cd-low spark on plug- but need help with the #'s for it. Thanks in advance for any / all info.

doberacker

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Force what year / hp / cd

Welcome to Iboats. You may have a different lower unit than the "original" it was built with. Was the prop to "big" or to "short"??

MY FORCE

Cadet

Hi, it was to big and longer than the one that was on it.

MY FORCE

Cadet

Another mistake by me. The 072108 # is the one that wouldn't fit. The one that did is #071037

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

the motor is a 1987 .

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner

1987 85hp Mod B It has a prestolite(blue) ignition.
What's it doing that you need parts?
First do a compression/spark test.
Then check the fuel system.Fuel pump rebuild and clean carbs,water in the gas?
Sent U a PM
Fill out the profile you might be close to someone who can help.

MY FORCE

Cadet

The prestolite cd's are black and one of them has a hole in the back of it thru the ,i guess, jell. The year, 87 ,as what i was told, didn't have dual exhaust, when i talked to the parts guy, when i bought the first prop. The seloc book has on page 5-67 2 diagrams. One has a prestolite system-90,100,115,125,hp etc. And next to that the diagram doesn't say prestolite. For 1984-88 85 & 125 hp. But they do look the same. The engine won't idol. Put in new spark plugs and cyl. # 1 / 2 spark plugs carbon up right away. And what looks like, a burn hole on the back of the cd. For those cyl.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner

A hole might mean a loose connection.If your getting spark then it's working.
You done a compression test?
Before you spend a dime do that.
The difference between the black and blue packs? The blue was original.Black an aftermarket.
Most retailers told the customer that you can't mix the blue and black pieces.So they sold them a bunch of stuff they didn't need.
You can run both.
After the compression and spark tests check the fuel pump diaphram.Any holes/rips replace.
That will cause erratic running.
Seloc isin't the bestClymer isin't much better.
Look for a factory manual.
I would replace the pack with the hole.You can use either black or blue.

MY FORCE

Cadet

Thanks for the info. Been getting ready for "irene", helping friends with boats. The # on the cd's aren't listed anymore. What is the # now, if i need them? Thanks