Force 50 model 507x7a no ignition wiring harness/ no spark

larrydb

Cadet
I've purchased a used Force 50. It did not come with the ignition harness. I have managed to get it to turn over, but there is no spark. Which other wires on the engine need to be crossed to get a spark? So far I've managed to activate the choke and starter, but I do not know what to do with the blue and white leads that seem to lead to the magneto.

tater76

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Force 50 model 507x7a no ignition wiring harness/ no spark

vortex 055.jpgvortex 054.jpgvortex 057.jpgHere is a pic of the wiring. Hope it helps.

larrydb

Cadet

The picture helps alot, what I could really use is a list of where the wires go,
like #1 at the top, i beleive is igntion/start, if they are numbered from one down where do the rest go? I am definitley new to this!! In particular #3 and #7 (both from the magneto?) what do I hook them up to to get a spark?

tater76

All the wires in the right hand side of the terminal block come directly from the boats wiring harness. From the ignition switch to the motor is what you are dealing with. I take it your harness is not color coded exactly like the engine? When you say the rest, do you mean you have more than in the pics? If you follow the color coding as in the pics you should be fine. Is your ignition exactly like the one in the pic?

larrydb

Cadet

Thanks, NOW I should be able to get this thing going!!!:):)

thomascivi

Recruit

tater76

Give me a few, I will go pull the flywheel and take some pics.

tater76

iboats 003.jpgiboats 001.jpgiboats 002.jpgHope this helps, and if you need better angles let me know.