83 force 125hp engine wiring.

couple questions here guys. first off is have a blue wire coming off the ignition switch where does it go on the dis. block on the engine, and what wires do i tap into for the overheat buzzer and the kill switch. im installing this engine on a 78 glastron HPV-170 and trying to finish all the wireing and those couple things are all i have left. thanks guys

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
Re: 83 force 125hp engine wiring.

White and blue are the kill circuit. White comes from the CD box and when the switch is turned off goes to ground through blue.
The Blue wire at the ignition switch attaches to one "M" terminal and white wire attaches to the other "M" terminal. "M" terminals are open during running and closed only when the switch is off. Use a normally OPEN kill switch and attach it across both "M" terminals so when it closes the terminals have continuity.

At the engine block terminal board white attaches to white (Normally second from top) and blue attaches to blue position--second from bottom. On the terminal board, blue is jumped to ground--black, bottom terminal.

Under the dash, one side (wire) of the overheat indicator attaches to the "I" or "A" terminal. Depending upon thw switch it could be labelled either letter. The other side attaches to the orange wire. Now it will have power only when the switch is on. If the engine overheats, the bimetal switch on the head closes and power flows through the indicator. Turn off the switch and the annoying sound stops. Wait a while and turn on the switch to see if engine has cooled. If you WANT it to sound continuously, then attach to "B" terminal --red wire.