chrysler force 125 oil coming from exhaust port help

endurance

Seaman
Bouht Chrysler force 125 it been sitting 5 yrs. Hooked it up to my boat stated right up sounds good. Let it run for 5 min. It. Ran hot. Waiting for Monday to get waterpump kit. Since I just got it I thought I start it justt for a moment. It started right up. Then I noticed oil on the prop cone it was coming from. The exhaust does anyone no the cause for trhis. Thanks guys

fucawi

Banned
Re: chrysler force 125 oil coming from exhaust port help

Not really enough information to be sure but did you run it the 5 min with muffs on and water flowing..ie splurting out the exhaust ...if you did not you were very foolish. 20 sec with no water will ruin the water pump. So your oil if you did not run with water could just be normal products of combustion running down and out or gunge inside the silencer melting and running out ..what oil ratio did you use 50 :1 is normal

endurance

Seaman
Re: chrysler force 125 oil coming from exhaust port help

fucawi THANKS!! After pulling the lower unit I saw oil and gas mix . It had a sludge look. So I grabbed a little bit of it and rub it in my hand to determine what was making up the grit . It just pretty much dissolved. Pulled the impelled splines were toast plate jacked up. Housing worn and pitted. I could see why she wasn't getting proper water flow. Like fucawi said the oil gas sludge residue was normal .it proably got gummy just sitting all that time. By the way oil and gas mix correct ran water every time started motor. Will give results when I put the water pump kit on.