20ho chrysler starting problem

killzone90

Cadet
I need some help asap.I bought a 20hp chrysler motor.I put a fuel line and bulb on it.I pulled a bunch and got it to fire once but then it wouldnt again.I messed with it some and it fired for a sec reved up a little high and died.I think its a fuel problem.If anyone has a pic of the inside of a carb and fuel pump plz let me know.If anyone has a pic of the pull start on there 20 hp id like to see cause mine will nit roll itself back up.someone plz help if u can.

fucawi

Banned
Re: 20ho chrysler starting problem

dont think you need a picture ..go straight to the carb with your fuel hose and fill the float chamber ..that will give you enough fuel to run it for 30 sec.....if you not feeding it with water take the leg off or you burn out the impeller in 20 sec....I stuff a hose onto the feed pipe from the head ....lots of parts suppliers with diagrams on the web.

killzone90

Cadet

I still cant get this thing to fire.I put fuel in the carb i tried everyhting i can think of and i cant get it to fire up.what could cause it not to fire

wickware

Lieutenant

Please give more details, history and if you have checked for fire/fuel/compression (and results if so). Even some pics of specifics. You have to give info to get info and replies IMO.

Details such as:

1. Year, model and type of ignition system. Some good Pics will show good info
2. History as when did it run last, appears to have been maintained
3. Fire/Fuel/Compression all checks fair or chow good signs of, because????

Fire away with specifics or more of what you know and have tried.

Good Luck! jow