Older 15HP Chrysler is hard starting

MLee2112

Recruit
We recently bought a 15HP Chrysler. Before buying, the guy started it (After pulling from a rack in which it was winterized) on about 3 pulls. I got it started 1 time and used it for about 20 minutes,and the starter spring broke. The fellow I bought it from repaired it,and showed me how to do it (Should there ever be any problems of the like to deal with).
The problem is now it wouldn't start the other day out fishing (Thank God for trollin motors),but did start yesterday in the drive after pullin on it all day,checking plugs several times,wires etc. I ran it through forward & reverse (And yes it was in a 5 gal. bucket of water).
Today before taking off,I decided"Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to start it to ensure the starting issue was behind me.And,you guessed it.It won't start. The primer bulb is firm,the choke is pulled,plugs are in good shape,not flooded. And I'm stumped.
When I first bought it I put the fuel line on backwards (Had to switch female fuel intake on motor),and called the guy complaining about it not starting.I figured that out,and ate crow on that,and like I said,he has helped w/stater spring.But I'm starting to feel/sound like I have no ability,but I feel (I may not though) like I'm competent enough to handle a situation of not starting. But I would like ANY hints before calling the seller up yet again and sounding moronic.
Please advise of any hints,or solutions. I've already read that starting fluid is not the way to go,but I'm gettin irritated enough to try it,and anything else.
Sincerely,M.Lee (MLee2112)