Need Help - Force Ignition Wiring

erosenwinkel

Petty Officer 2nd Class
If there is anyone out there who can take a picture of there ignition switch with a brief description of colors to letters I would really appreciate it. I don't need to know why or how, just where. I have been moving wires under the dash of my boat for hours and I still cannot get my new switch to work. 3 position with push to choke. Off, run, start and push to choke. 1985 Force 1258x5a engine on a 1984 Bayliner Capri. I have the owners manual with the wiring diagram but the wire placement is not readable. I will be forever thankful!!!!!!!! FYI I know Red goes to B, Yellow goes to S and Green goes to Choke. There is also a White(?) a Blue(?) and and three others grouped together by the previous owner(depth finder, one looking like it comes from the overtemp buzzer and one that goes up to the speedometer and fuel gauge area.)

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
Re: Need Help - Force Ignition Wiring

White and blue each go to an "M" terminal. They are the stop circuit.

Orange is overheat indicator. A jumper fro "I" goes to one side of the buzzer and the orange comes from the other side.

Black is common ground and can be left unattached or attached to a common bussbar.

Purple is tachometer signal. It attaches directly or with a jumper to the sig. post on the tach

erosenwinkel

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Need Help - Force Ignition Wiring

Thanks! I will try in the morning and simply cry if it doesn't work. Not to be a baby but 6'3" and 250 is way to big to spend anytime under this dash. Add poor eyesight, struggling with reading glasses, lack of light, short wires and . . . I think I just explained my frustrations. I will let you know tomorrow. Thanks again!!!!