86 force 125 bogging at WOT

thom4372

Cadet
Hello,

Ive got an old force engine which has been a pain in my ***** since day one. Anyways now after checking the fuel system and ignition system the motor will bog down at wot. It starts fine, idles fine, and will run fine at low rpm. when the throttle gets to 3/4 to full it just doesn't make the rpm's it used to. Im lucky if I can get it to make 3500. While running it will sound like it wants to rev up in small spurts and the tach will jump a little. I took the cover off and found it was dripping fuel out of the top carb while running at full throttle. also i installed brand new plugs which didnt fix much. it sounds like im getting too much fuel? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Re: 86 force 125 bogging at WOT

I have a 87' Force 125 and it was doing the same thing to me about a week ago. The float in the carb. was sticking and allowing to much fuel inti the carb causing it to flood out. Took the carbs apart a gave them a good cleaning. Found that I had a small amount of trash in my fuel tank too. Added another inline fuel filter in between my fuel pump and carbs. Haven't had any more problems with mine. Sounds like you might be having the same problem so I would look and see if the float is sticking on the carb the has gas leaking.