Teleflex on 35 hp Chrysler?

strtbobber

Petty Officer 1st Class
I'd like to go with Teleflex (or similar) steering system. Can anyone help me determine whether or not it's possible to install on my 1967 35hp Chrysler. If so, can you please explain to me what is needed? I can't get too much info on Teleflex site. Thanks!!

Attachments

• IMG00259-20110324-2343.jpg
    IMG00259-20110324-2343.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 0

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
Re: Teleflex on 35 hp Chrysler?

You can install it in the center hole of the snout. You do need a transom mount or a splashwell mount for the threaded aluminum tube. And you need a "universal" joint at the engine snout to keep from breaking it when the engine tilts up. These parts should be sold by Telelflex or you may find them in a marine store, but they are still available.

strtbobber

Petty Officer 1st Class

You can install it in the center hole of the snout. You do need a transom mount or a splashwell mount for the threaded aluminum tube. And you need a "universal" joint at the engine snout to keep from breaking it when the engine tilts up. These parts should be sold by Telelflex or you may find them in a marine store, but they are still available.

Thank you, Frank!

wickware

Lieutenant

That is a good goal and good info Frank. It was my upgrade goal in 1985 but time got away. Maintaining the old cable system looks a mess but it works. Other than the mess of cables is the steering different? Bottom Line! I have caught my share of fish, fun and maintenance. I plan to catch a ride when my 35 HP Chrysler or 15? RayCraft needs major work. Please help me tell my only 15 mo old granddaughter she will not have the fun her mother had!!! jow

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

102_0267.jpg102_0267.jpg

No, I don't have any photos, but give me a day or to to find parts in my garage and I will post a photo or two. here is however, the only photo I have of a splashwell mounting for the cable.