Part numbers - 1984 Chrysler 125

steveclv

Petty Officer 1st Class
I'm looking on iBoats for a carb repair kit for this motor but can't seem to see this model specifically mentioned.

Does anyone know the part number for the repair kit?

Thanks!

carholme

Rear Admiral
Re: Part numbers - 1984 Chrysler 125

steve;

Do you know the model number for your engine?

Gerry

steveclv

Petty Officer 1st Class

Got it!

Model 1258X4A
Serial 2172

I have just replaced the fuel pump seals etc and was rather disappointed - the old one was almost perfect and I was hoping to find that it was torn and rotten :(

If it had been then that may have been the answer to the problem....

It starts easily but will backfire as it starts - runs very smokey.

If I run it on the lake it tops out at 4200 rpm but starts to miss and bog down after 30 seconds or so - if I back off the throttle then it recovers and it seems to run forever at 3000 rpm. I thought fuel starvation but the plugs are sooty and black.

I think that the top carb needle valve may be leaking slightly - and when I tilt the motor forward, fuel pours out of the top carb - but all 4 spark plugs were the same - sooty and black.

If I run the engine at idle and then use the throttle advance to rev to 2000 rpm and then back to idle, I can hear a sort of misfire or popping - not really loud but it is there.

So I'm thinking that I need to probably rebuild the carbs and reset the float heights and then check the ignition timing.

Any other thoughts? Compression was equal across all cylinders by the way.

steveclv

Petty Officer 1st Class

Uggh, now I find that it lists 2 carbs for this model and it says that the needle valves are obsolete - not having much luck tonight.

Any idea how to find out which carb is which?

steveclv

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks!!
Ordered and they also had the needle valves!
Found code BRP that also saved me 10% LOL
Steve