97' Force 90hp help bogging/dieing

BEEGONE1

Recruit
So I have a 90 hp force 3 cyl. 1997 vintage. Spark is good all 3 cyl, new plugs, compression is 120psi each cyl, new carb kits installed in each carb (and cleaned even though they were clean), new fuel pump kit, all carb/throttle linkeages have been properly adjusted.

Problem is when accelerating slowly up through the RPM's, at around 1700 rpms she will start to die and eventually kill. If I choke it, it will recover and accellerate through to WOT. By changing the air mixture screws on the carb from 3/4 turn out to more, say 1.5 turns out I can get the RPM at which she starts to die to increase up to around 2100-2200 rpms. Again, when I choke it she will come around and accelerate up to WOT.

Also, if I can it from idle to WOT, it will accelerate fine and skip the issue around 1700-2200 RPMS.

While accelerating above the 2000 rpm area and up, it could run smoother than it does, but it could also be normal? This engine is new to me.

I have even hooked up the fuel supply to a portable tank, which made no difference.

Any help guys?

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
Re: 97' Force 90hp help bogging/dieing

You are running out of fuel at the transition from low speed circuit to main venturi. You need to re-clean the carbs using a pipe cleaner in the small brass dip tube and WD40 sprayed through all passages, including the holes under the large welsh plug above the butterfly. Re-set the float level to parallel with the casting when the carb is turned upside-down and be absolutely certain that the inlet needles are clear and opening enough to supply the carbs with adequate fuel. Be certain that the DROP on the float is enough to let the needles open fully. With the carb turned right side up, the float should almost touch the brass high speed jet. Drop is adjusted by the tab in the back of the float mount and float level is adjusted by the small tab above the needle.

BEEGONE1

Recruit
Re: 97' Force 90hp help bogging/dieing

Ok will clean them again. Will post results when I can. Thank you for your help.