force 150 charging system

lucas70458

Cadet
battery not charging took off the flywheel what a pain the stator looked good no corrision but inside the flywheel the magnets are cracked would that cause my problem? or maybe the voltage regulator?

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Re: force 150 charging system

Fill out the profile.You might be close to someone who can help.What year motor?I would guess the regulator first.If you switch the pos and neg leads it will blow the reg.J

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

If your engine has sufficient spark and runs, the magnets and stator are good.

Likely the rectifier/regulator is fried.

If you check the voltage across the battery terminals while it is running, you should get 14v or more.

If not, change rectifier.

Make sure you get the flywheel torqued to spec or you will snap the key and have all kinds of troubles.

lucas70458

Cadet

found some corrosion on the ground for the rectifier box cleaned it up seems to work good now batt charging still runs a bit sluggish but it will fish gonna replace the fuel line next.. after she sits about 5 min i have to prime the bulb again

john from md

Commander

Its probably not your fuel line that is causing the bulb problem. The check valves in the fuel pumps don't like alcohol in the gas. It causes them to stick and the engine starts starving for fuel. One indication is the bulb going soft and another is the engine shutting down at higher speeds. Usually, the engine will restart immediately in these situations.